SMATSA Llc has technical equipment and competent personnel required for the provision of services of flight calibration of the following ground based radio navigation aids from the air:
- Instrument Landing System (ILS) – (CAT I, II & III)
- ILS markers (MKR)
- VHF Omni Directional Radio Range (VOR)-CVOR/DVOR
- Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN)
- Distance Measuring Equipment (DME)
- Non-Directional Beacon (NDB)
- VHF, UHF Communication
- VHF Direction Finding (VDF)
- UHF Direction Finding (UDF)
- Visual Approach Position Indicator (PAPI, VASI)
- Precision Approach Radar (PAR)
Flight calibration services are performed in accordance with the requirements and recommendations defined in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) documents – Annex 10, Annex 14 and Doc 8071.
The revision of flight procedures and the flight calibration of the equipment and systems are performed within different types of inspections:
- commissioning of a newly installed ground based radio navigation aid,
- periodic revisions,
- special revisions,
- revisions relating inspection of the location designated for setting up new ground based radio navigation aid.
SMATSA Llc is equipped for air traffic control surveillance systems inspection:
- Primary and secondary radar (PSR & SSR with MODE-A/C/S option)
- Multirateration (MLAT/WAM)
- Impulses analysis emitted at the frequency of 1030 MHz from SSR
Revision of air traffic control surveillance systems is performed in accordance with ICAO and EUROCONTROL documents.
Flight calibration system provides required data in ASCII format by using suitable software tools to get radar data qualitative analysis.