The primary and predominant business activity of SMATSA Llc is Air Navigation Service Provision.Learn more
Air Traffic Control Officer Training
SMATSA Llc ANS Personnel Training Centre is the leading provider for ANS personnel training in South Eastern Europe.Learn more
Minister, Mr. Momirović is visiting SMATSA
Find Out More
What do we do?
Serbia And Montenegro Air Traffic Services Smatsa Llc core business is Air Navigation Services Provision, while additional services include training of air traffic control officers, ground radio navigation equipment (ZRNS) calibration, consulting services and aircraft maintenance.
Air traffic management at SMATSA Llc is based on technology that follows current standards in the aviation industry, including implementation of the latest systems to ensure optimal airspace capacity and increase flight efficiency in its area of competence.
SMATSA Llc ANS Personnel Training Centre is the leading provider for ANS personnel training in South-Eastern Europe. For more than 50 years, starting from 1964, ATCOs (Air Traffic Control Officers) as well as aviation personnel of other profiles and institutions have been trained in accordance with the certified, internationally recognized programs.
In addition to aircraft maintenance consultancy services, SMATSA Llc provides airborne ground navigation calibration (ZRNS) services and flight procedures control for both its own and external users. The control and calibration of devices are carried out in accordance with the requirements and recommendations defined in ICAO Documents Annexes 10 and 14 and Doc 8071.
WE WORK TOGETHER AND HAVE THE SAME GOAL
Air Traffic Data
Air traffic in the area of responsibility of SMATSA Llc is increasing year by year. In 2019, approximately 754,000 IFR flights were realized, an increase of about 7% over 2018. Flights account for about 87%, while the remaining 13% are international take-offs and landings and local flights. In terms of total IFR traffic, Serbia-Montenegro is among the top 7, with international takeoffs and landings among the top 10 in Europe in 2019. The peak day was recorded on 17.08.2019., when 3,201 flights were realized, with the highest number of flights per hour, 221 flights were realized on 15.08.2019. Compared to 2010, there was a 40% increase in traffic. The share of European traffic using the airspace under the jurisdiction of SMATSA Llc in 2019 recorded a record value of 7%, which means that every fifteenth flight of approximately 11,000,000 flights a year in Europe, also flies in the airspace of Serbia and Montenegro. Despite the significant complexity and increased traffic in the airspace of jurisdiction, SMATSA Llc does not generate delays and safety is at its highest level. The trend of increasing traffic is expected in the coming years, which is why SMATSA Llc invests in new systems, equipment and training of employees, in order to maintain a high level of service provision and keep up with new technologies.
2021 traffic increase
Number of IFR flights in 2021
Peak day in 2021
Number of IFR flights in 2020
2020 traffic increase
Peak day in 2020